Who is Suzanne Collins? Aside from the obvious that she is the author of the highly popular Hunger Games trilogy, not many people know much about her. Spurred by a great article in the New York Times (Suzanne Collins’s War Stories for Kids), we decided to do a little searching around ourselves.
Here are some of the interesting fact that we found:
- Birthday is generally listed only as “1963.”
- Daughter of an Air Force officer who frequently moved around as she was growing up.
- Worked on television shows such as “Wow! Wow! Wubbzy,” “Clarissa Explains It All,” “Clifford’s Puppy Days,” and “Little Bear.”
- Selected one of Time Magazine’s Most Influential People of 2010.
- Mother to a daughter and a son.
- Wrote “The Underland Chronicles” before writing The Hunger Games Trilogy.
- Reluctant to give interviews, especially videotaped.
Although more is coming out about Suzanne Collins the closer we get to the filming of The Hunger Games, she is still a bit of a mystery and does not appear publicly very often. It will be interesting to see if that changes!